Thursday, March 31, 2011

My personal website (update #1)

As a follow up post to the previous one.  I thought I would keep you updated on how my proposed personal website was progressing.

My ordeal with Just Host and the bad experiences I've had with every host I've tried in the past has led me to one conclusion:  I will host my site myself.

Using a professional web host would be way easier, but I'm not willing to risk losing money to pay for a host that I can't even use.  I'm dead set on the idea of being my own host.  Nothing you say will change my opinion.  I'm aware that doing this will require that I learn a lot about all the technical aspects involved, of which I currently know next to none, but I am willing to do the research and actually want to do it.  These are things I want to learn eventually, anyway, so I might as well start now.

What this means is, I will not be able to start planning the contents, design, and coding of my website until after I get the hosting worked out.  This could take some time.  I expect it will take months before I feel knowledgeable and secure enough about being my own host and allowing the whole world to access it.  I'm not going to half ass this project.  I'm determined to work for it and not stop until it has been completed.

So, until then...

1 comment: