Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ending coporate lobbying

Stopping corporate lobbies would help temporarily, because corporate influence of government is really only a symptom of the fundamental problem. We need to get to the root of the problem. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the current "system."

I disagree with some of the things Richard Wolff pontificates in this speech, and I'm not a communist (or at least, I don't think I am.)  I have not currently studied it with enough depth to know conclusively. My thoughts could change after I learn a bit more about communism and related philosophies and theories, but seeing as how the systems currently and previously in place for so many societal institutions are either inefficient, insufficient, uneconomical, iniquitous, et cetera, I have lost almost all faith in central planning and government as viable institutions for societal structure.


I have no idea what the solution should be, nor have I devised the model for a more advanced society or political structure (I'm working on it.) I just know the system needs to be improved. I wonder about the fate of humanity almost every day, and I dream of a better world and future for humanity and civilization. I don't want to sound like some dirty bongo-beating delusional college-aged fuckwit, --but seriously, when you step outside and see the sheer stupidity of nearly everything: the people, the infrastructure, the government, the politicians and the imposed authority figures, the obligations society imposes on its citizens, the customs people feel a need to conform to, the fucking retarded celebrities and pop culture people emulate, the injustice, the self-destructive behavior of people, and the ignorance, apathy, disengagement, myopia, and overall shortcomings of the population at large.  With all of that in consideration, how can one not envision a better world? How can one not believe we can do better than this?


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment